Odif 505 is a temporary, repositionable, fabric adhesive, created for embroidery, quilting and applique.
With this fab product you can baste a quilt in approx 10 minutes and the layers will not move as you sew the way they can when you pin.
It was designed for professional embroiderers and quilters and so won't gum up your scissors, sewing machine or hand sewing needles. It is odorless and colorless, acid-free and contains no CFC’s.
505 Spray adhesive is available in two sizes, 250ml and 500ml, select your preference above.
- Lay an old sheet or some newspaper on your surface.
- Spray the first 30cm of one side of your batting lightly with adhesive, holding the can approx. 30cm away from the fabric.
- Position your fabric on top, getting rid of any creases as you go - the adhesive is 'repositionable' for 15 to 20 minutes, so you can lift and smooth creases out as you go.
- Continue across your quilt, spraying, sticking and smoothing in 30cm increments.
- Turn over and repeat this procedure on the other side.
- Once your fabrics are stuck together you need to sew them together within 2 months if your quilt sandwich includes polyester, 4 months if all your layers are natural blends or the bond will start to weaken.
If you need to release the bond after it has set, simply put your quilt through the washing machine and the adhesive will wash out.
Visit ODIF's website for further information, including video tutorials and step by step instructions for quilting, embroidery and applique - click here.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: