Our 'Learn to Sew in a Saturday' course is designed with the absolute beginner in mind!
Learn all about your sewing machine:
- what the dials are for and when to touch them!
- the most common stitches and their uses, how to change their size and how big they should be.
- how to thread your machine, wind a bobbin and change your sewing machine foot.
- how to sew successful straight lines, back stitch, turn corners sew buttonholes.
As well as about:
- Seam finishes
- The importance of the grain when cutting fabric
- Essential equipment for your sewing kit - what we use and what you probably don't need!
- a stitch sampler
- a cushion cover with button hole fastener on the back.
What is included:
We will provide all the equipment you need, thread and fabrics etc... as well as refreshments and cake! Plus you can pick the fabric for your cushion cover from across our store.
You can use one of our sewing machines, or if you already have one, bring your own - there is nothing like learning to sew on your own machine. The only other thing you need to bring is your lunch :-)
Book a place on our follow up Saturday course, moving on to tackle curves and a zipper pouch, within 6 months and save 10%.
WHO: Classes are kept to a maximum of 4 people, if you have your own sewing machine you are encouraged to bring it, there is nothing like learning on your own machine, but you can use one of ours. You need no prior experience, just lots of enthusiasm!
WHERE: Courses are held in Duckington, just outside of Witney. There is on-site parking and no stairs to navigate.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us - email email@example.com call 01993 700411, or pop along to one of our pop-up shops (click here for details) to meet us in person and find out more!
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: